Following multiple downtimes in our EU data center, we have decided to move our servers to a brand new and very green data center Digitalis.
The relocation will be performed tomorrow, Jun 14 at 19:00 UTC+0 (21:00 CET).
Due to close proximity of the data centers, we are expecting downtime between 45 minutes to 2 hours.
Here are some highlights of DC Digitalis:
- Adiabatic evaporation cooling
- Rotary UPS installed instead of dirty batteries
- Residual heat is used to heat the near by greenhouses, motor generators and machine rooms
- Can house up to 340 racks, which represents space for 8,160 servers with standard dimensions
- DC Digitalis needs two-thirds less energy to supply the supporting infrastructure than conventional data centres.
Thank you for understanding.